Sunday 25 November 2007

Potential

Everyone has the potential to do something. There are those of us in this world who sit awake late at night thinking, "Is this all there is to life? A mundane 9-5 job, then slouching in front of the telly for the evening, then going to bed, only to repeat the whole cycle the next day?" There are those of us that occasionally ponder, "What if I'd taken that wacky course instead of Business Management...?"

Everyone has the potential to do something. Not everyone has the ambition, commitment or will to follow it through. In fact, it seems most people are quite content with the mediocrity of a dull job and the 2.4 children lifestyle. Personally, I use the tedious, drab and wearisome atmosphere of my work to spur myself on to escape it.

I can only hope I escape before it saps out my will and creativity.

No comments: